Administrative and Regulatory
Pray Walker has expertise in representing businesses in various regulatory compliance issues and dealing with state and federal agencies. This experience includes obtaining and maintaining required licenses, appearing before regulatory agencies, and ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
If a client is involved in a disputed matter, Pray Walker has experience defending both state and federal enforcement actions. Pray Walker has appeared before federal agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), United States Department of Labor (DOL), United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), and state agencies such as the Oklahoma Corporation Commission (OCC), Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ), and the Oklahoma Department of Labor (ODOL). Pray Walker attorneys have also served as neutral arbitrators and mediators in various regulatory and administrative disputes.
- Appear before regulatory bodies in connection with disputed regulatory proceeds, e.g., secondary unitization applications and forced poolings
- Serve as arbitrators to resolve title and/or energy legal disputes involving non-clients
- Represent producers sued in class actions in resolving (often through mediation and/or arbitration) lawsuits filed as class actions by royalty owners
- Represent operators under gas contracts in resolving gas balancing, take-or-pay and other gas contract issues
- Gas contract disputes with royalty owners (including class action defense) to oilfield pollution defense
- Representing employers in defense of wage and hour investigations involving overtime, minimum wage, and child labor
- Representing employers in wage claims
- Representing employers in workplace safety investigations
- Representing employers in unfair labor practice investigations and charges
- Representing employers in connection with union petitions for recognition
- Representing employers against charges of discrimination
- Representing property owners in fair housing claims